Thursday, May 8, 2008

Answered Prayer

This week has truly been a life lesson in faith. Most of you know that I am a part time youth pastor and work full time in my cabinet shop. I would love it if God made it possible for me to serve him in ministry full time but, in his wisdom, he hasn't made that happen as of yet.
All that being said, God has kept me so busy lately with the things he has led me to do that I found myself becoming uncomfortable with the idea that I haven't been spending as much time working at my business to make a living for my family as I need to.
Now we all know that we are supposed to respond to Gods call in faith and not worry about the details. We are supposed to trust that while we are trying to stay in the center of Gods will that he knows what we need and will take care of us.
My prayer last night was; "Father please reveal yourself to me, reveal to me where you are at work around me and what I need to do to join you. Lord as I struggle to make changes in my life to serve you, help me to have faith and believe that you will take care of me and my families needs. Amen.
Well this morning I awoke feeling that things were taken care of and all would be well. The phone at work has been ringing like crazy today. We so many prospects for work come in today for no good reason that it was easy to see this was truly God answering prayer and keeping his promises.
Thank you father for teaching, hearing, answering and being ever faithful to your children.

No comments: